Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cactus Container Garden


Today I needed a new project so I went to the garden center and found a nice variety of cactus, and decided to make some table top container gardens for my boyfriend John. They are wonderful for indoors and out, and perfect for the person who tends to forget to water their plants. This one you can forget and neglect all you want. Use your imagination with the container you choose. It can be anything from ceramic dishes and bowls, terracotta drainage blows, hollowed out wood, old boots, ANYTHING!!! I used Marcile Gro cactus mix for my media. It was a peat based mix with sand bark and vermiculite. In the top planter I used (from top left) Zebra plant 'Haworthia fascita', 'Anacampseros ruflescens', Cobweb 'Sempervivium arachnoideum'. And the one on the bottom is an Aloe plant with Sedum makinoi. I also covered the top of the soil with small black rocks.

1 comment:

  1. Your boyfriend almost lost his cactus garden Tuesday! It's beautiful! I gave him a hard time about the cobwebs though. I thought they were the result of his wonderful housekeeping skills! I guess I owe him an apology! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete